2018 Annual Meeting Minutes
Relics Annual Meeting - February 22, 2018
Once again, our Annual Relics Business Meeting at Tony and Penny's restaurant in Ludlow was well attended with 68 members in attendance.
The main event of the evening was the election of new officers for the 2018-2019 seasons.
We are happy to announce the following:
- Commissioner -Walter Stewart
- Asst Comm - Mike Dutton
- Secretary -Jeff Ferranti
- Treasurer - John DaSilva
There were several topics discussed including the list below:
- Thanks given to all the volunteers but need more volunteers for maintenance crew, umpires and coaches
- Morning games - not many positive responses about the morning league. Registrations will keep track of interested members and will make a final discussion sometime after 4 Apr.
- Foul lines - discussed possible use of fire hose or some type of trap rock for permanent foul lines
- New for this year - Registration Deadline April 4
- Will have umpire clinic - date TBA
- Courtesy Runners
- Gold IC to discuss use of last out as the courtesy runner. 160 foot circle in the outfield.
- Silver IC to discuss runner from home plate.
- Change of By-Laws - change paragrapg 3 of Section 3 to read
The member may request in writing an appeal to the Commissioner if they feel unjust action has been taken against them. Request must be received within 14 days of notification of disciplinary action. For the appeal process, a 3 member board will be selected from the current coaches. If at all possible, the coaches should not be members of the current Board of Directors and should be from the appellant’s division (Gold/Silver). The 3 member board will review the facts and the decision to ensure it was just and correct action was taken. With regard to these matters, there shall be no appeal beyond the decision of the 3 member board.
Up Coming Dates:
Sat, 14 Apr - Clean-up date
Sat, 21 Apr - Rain date for clean-up
Sat, 28 Apr - Jamboree
Mon, 30 Apr - Opening day
Sun, 26 Aug - Picnic
? - Christmas Party