Reminder - Annual Meeting on Saturday Feb 29 from 1-3 at the Fish
Ground Rules at the Fish
Ground Rules for the Fish & Game Field
1. The area between the backstop and fence is considered out of play and or dead ball if any part of the ball crosses the imaginary line between the backstop and fence. A fly ball can be caught in this area as long as the player’s both feet are in play and do not cross over the imaginary line between the backstop and fence.
2. For over throws there will be imaginary line from the end of the fence running parallel with the foul line on the first base side and third base side. When a thrown ball crosses this line the ball is dead and runners will be awarded two bases from when the fielder throws the ball.
3. The area behind the fence and bench is considered out of play. There is an imaginary line perpendicular from the end of the fence post to the parking lot on the 1st base side and a perpendicular line from the end of the fence post to the high grass on the third base side. Both of these areas will be considered a dead ball area. Any foul ball that is caught in the air will be considered an out as long as it is not in the dead ball area. If a play is attempted on a tagging runner, no balls can be thrown over the fence and bench area.
4. Any ball that bounces over, gets lodged or goes under the outfield fence will be ruled as a ground rule double.
5. Any ball that bounces fair and then goes into foul territory on the left side of the field will be ruled as a ground rule double once the umpire losses sight of the ball. On the right side there is an imaginary line perpendicular from the end of the fence post through the parking lot. Any ball that bounces fair and goes pass the imaginary line will be ruled dead ball and the umpire will determine the award of bases.
6. Silver division only – games will be 9 innings (except first game of double header will be 7 innings). Anything less or more must be agreed with both coaches.
Walter Stewart Commissioner ■ Mike Dutton Assistant Commissioner: ■ John DaSilva Registrar ■ Jeff Ferranti Recording Secretary ■ John DaSilva Treasurer
■ Ray Saccoccio III Public Relations ■ Pat Lombardo Entertainment Chairman ■ Bill Koss Internal Chairman Gold ■ Paul Grudgen - Internal Chairman Silver
■ Maurry Tamarkin Past Commissioner