Minutes from Nov 4, 2017 Board Meeting
MinutesThe Relics Board of Directors had a meeting on November 4, 2017. Members in attendance were Pat Lombardo, Dan Scully, Joe Conway, John DaSilva, Dom Vecchiarelli, Paul Grudgen, and Maurry Tamarkin. Walter Stewart had resigned and Ray Saccoccio had a previous commitment.
We discussed the following concerns:
1. Registration fee for players over 80. We decided no change.
2. Senior bats for players over 75. We decided no change due to safety concerns.
3. Changing the start time for Gold Division to 4:00 PM. We decided that this change is not necessary.
4. The Board decided that the Rules Committee needed to define more clearly the placement of the pitching screen and the use of pinch runners in the Gold Division.
5. The Board concluded that any Gold Division morning games are to be independent of the afternoon schedule, and, of course, depend upon player interest.
6. The Board noted the need to find nominees to fill vacant positions on the Board of Directors for the 2018 season and also the need for the Internal Committee Chairs to find some additional coaches. We also commented on the difficulty caused by the fact that some players do not want to play for certain coaches.
7. A proposed By-Law change to be voted at Annual Meeting.:
Article 4 Section 3
Replace “The member may request in writing...” with “Within fourteen days of notification of disciplinary action, the member may request in writing...”